Things To Do First
- Once you have purchased or have a need to transport your pet and confirmed with both shipper and receiver that this will be the mode of transport, you can contact PetPackers Flying Pet Nanny via phone or email to schedule the transport.
- In order to schedule a transport, pet must be able to fit in a soft sided carrier not larger than 18″ x 12″ x 12″ and weighing no more than 22 lbs (up to 35 lbs may be acceptable depending on breed, which must be pre approved before scheduling). If pet is larger than the maximum weight acceptable and was not pre-approved prior to the start of the transport, the pet may be denied transporting or the additional fees for overweight pet will apply and need to be paid before pet is released. NO Refund will be permitted of any fees if the pet is denied transport due to non-weight disclosure.
- Before transports can be scheduled, each party shipper and receiver will need to READ and SIGN an agreement, which will need to be returned to PetPackers Flying Pet Nanny prior to scheduling.
- A NON-REFUNDABLE Booking Fee is added to all transports and is required to be paid at the time of scheduling the transport. The booking fee payment is accepted through Google Pay Only (we do not accept any other form of payment). If you are unable to make the payment for the booking fee via Google Pay, you may elect to pay the surcharge for not making the prepayment, in this case you will be required to pay the transport fee, the booking fee and the surcharge fee in person to your Pet Nanny. The balance of all transports are paid to the Pet Nanny.
- Once the agreements and booking fee is received by PetPackers Flying Pet Nanny, all parties will receive a confirmation email that the pet’s transport is scheduled booked. Transports are booked on a first come, first served basis with regards to dates and availability.
- 24 – 48 hours prior to the start of the transport, the pet’s itinerary will be emailed to all parties shipper and receiver. The itinerary will include all the information needed for both shipper and receiver to fulfill their roles in the transport process including transport date, times of pick up and drop off, meeting location and Pet Nanny’s contact information. (Itineraries will not be given before this time period)
- All parties involved in meeting Pet Nanny for transport, will need to have access to a cell phone with text messaging capabilities in order to communicate throughout the transport with Pet Nanny.
Day Of Transport – Shipper
- On the day of transport, the Pet Nanny will text the shipper prior to arrival at their airport with any updates on flight status (e.g. if flight is delayed, cancelled or any other concerns that will affect transport).
- Once the plane has landed in the shipper’s city, the Pet Nanny will text the shipper again to confirm that they have arrived. This text will give the shipper an opportunity to get to the meeting area inside the airport, if not already there.
- After the Pet Nanny has deplaned the flight and walking towards the predetermined area where meeting the shipper, the Pet Nanny will call the shipper on their cell phone and stay on the phone with shipper until they meet with each other.
- All parties meeting the Pet Nanny at the airport must park and come inside the airport to send off or pick up pet. There will be No curb service for picking up or dropping off pets. The typical meeting area in the airport is the Baggage Claim area or the TSA Security checkpoint area.
- Once the Pet Nanny has met up with the shipper, the pet will be placed in the soft-sided carrier if not already in one. The Pet Nanny will bond with the pet for a few minutes at this time.
- The shipper may give any paperwork that needs to be transported with the pet to the Pet Nanny.
- The Pet Nanny will now begin the transport process and head to their next flight.
- All parties involved in the transport process will need to be on time at the airport to drop off or pick up pet. Either party who is more than 15 minutes late after the agreed upon time for the transport will incur a $150 late fee that must be paid BEFORE the pet is received or released.
Day Of Transport – Receiver
- When the Pet Nanny has made it to their gate for their next flight, they will contact the receiver of the pet by text.
- This text message will be confirming receipt of the pet and the flight status to the receiver’s city (e.g. if flight is delayed, cancelled or any other concerns that will affect transport).
- Once the plane has landed in the receiver’s city, the Pet Nanny will text the receiver to confirm arrival. This text will give the receiver an opportunity to get to the meeting area inside the airport, if not already there.
- After the Pet Nanny has deplaned the flight and walking towards the predetermined area where meeting the receiver, the Pet Nanny will call the receiver on their cell phone and stay on the phone with receiver until they both meet each other.
- The Pet Nanny will release the pet to receiver and have paperwork signed if required. Receiver will check over the pet and take a picture with the pet.
- All parties meeting the Pet Nanny at the airport must park and come inside the airport to send off or pick up pet. There will be No curb service for picking up or dropping off the pet. The typical meeting area in the airport is the Baggage Claim area or the TSA Security checkpoint area.
- All parties involved in the transport process will need to be on time to the airport to drop off or pick up pet. Either party who is more than 15 minutes late after the agreed upon time for the transport will incur a $150 late fee that must be paid before the pet is received or released.
- Any paperwork signed will be forwarded back to the shipper.
- Pet Nanny will text shipper to confirm the transport is complete and will send picture verification.
- All pictures taken during transport will be posted on Website and Social Media sites for PetPackers.
A Note to Clients
- Due to FAA regulations at all US airports only ticketed passengers are allowed in the gate area of the airport. For this reason, we do not provide flight information to confuse clients. This is not a personal matter only a professional policy.
- Instead we provide the pertinent information such as What time to Meet, Where to Meet and Contact Information for all persons meeting. We try to minimize confusion by “Keeping It Simple” for our clients to know where they need to be and at what time.
- Due to the nature of our business, if a transport is cancelled for any reason by either party, after payment is made and transport is scheduled there will be NO Refund issued.
- At our discretion we may choose to credit a transport to your account (not redeemable for cash) for future use of the same routing or a lesser priced transport.
- The Owner/Receiver of pet(s) is responsible for any importation fees, inspection fees, taxes and or duties imposed by your Government. It is the responsibility of the owner/receiver to know if these fees apply and how much they will be, PetPackers can facilitate in this process or offer a quote on these fees if applicable.